Sunday, November 4, 2007

Miguel Cabrera available.

MLB news is pretty slow today, so I'll take a look at the availability of Florida's Miguel Cabrera. The Marlins may need to trade the young superstar, and while the Mets are probably nowhere in the running to trade for him, it still has impact as he is a divisional opponent.

There's no doubt that Cabrera is a phenomenal young player. And looking at the other great young players on that team - guys like Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla, and Jeremy Hermida - it would be great from a Mets standpoint to see him gone, because that team scares me. Of course, they could end up getting even more great young players back and become even more dangerous, but it's hard to replace someone like Cabrera.

That said, I can't stand Cabrera. As much as I want to like him, since I like the young makeup of that team, he just makes it so hard for me to want to root for him. I just can't stand his attitude on the field, right down to his ridiculous use of eye black. He reminds me of Manny Ramirez, in the bad way. The kid has amazing talent, and he strikes fear in you when he's your opponent, but he is someone who I would never want on my team.

But I would still rather have him than Alex Rodriguez.

No comments: