Friday, November 2, 2007

Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog! This will predominately be a blog for me to discuss the New York Mets, but I will also take the time to discuss other major topics in baseball and other sports.

The meaning of the title, Long Live Shea, is a reflection of a character trait that comes out strongly for me when it comes to sports. Although I may not be old enough to truly appreciate the past, I hate to see the traditions and values of the past broken or changed. A big example of this is the fact that the Mets are currently building a new stadium, Citi Field. Most everybody seems to be very excited for this, even quite a bit saying "Good Riddance" to Shea Stadium. I've been a Mets fan all my life, and Shea has been a part of that the whole time, and I am upset and even a bit angry to know that it's about to be torn down at the end of next season. I don't know if I'll ever be able to appreciate Citi Field as much as I do Shea Stadium, even with all of its upgrades.

Anyway, what you can expect from this blog is a lot of opinions and reactions to news stories, games, and transactions regarding the Mets. Right now it's the offseason, and so there is plenty to talk about with the team needing to make some moves to get back into contention for next season, and there's some big names floating around in Alex Rodriguez and Johan Santana. So, thanks for checking out my blog, and I hope you enjoy it and stick around!

Long Live Shea, and Long Live the Mets!

No comments: